Have you ever wondered why the almighty Lord Krishna gave up on his own nephew, the beloved Abhimanyu who conceived a miserable painful untimely death – given the fact, the whole happenings were crafted by the Lord himself .?
Many of us heard (at-least overheard) about the story of Mahabharata – one of the two major Sanskrit epics of ancient India and A marvelous narrative of the Mahabharata war “Kurukshetra” which brings out the essentials of Dharma. According to the popular opinion, the epic predominantly touches upon many wise things such as One’s duties, rights, laws, conduct, virtues and ‘‘right way of living’’. But my objective of writing this article is different.
The Popular Question:
I just wanted to figure out an answer for a popular question “why did Lord Krishna gave up on Abhimanyu to face a horrific ending even though the almighty was well aware of it .?”. Also one can’t deny the fact that the whole Kurukshetra war alias Mahabharata war was a plot by none other than the Lord Krishna himself to preach the essentials of Dharma to the living beings on earth and to reinstate the Faith.
Abhimanyu and the Chakrvyuha:
One may wonder, Abhimanyu had learnt the art of breaking into the Chakra Vyuha formation when he was in subhadra’s womb – Actually Arjuna was sharing his views of Chakravyuha and his famous techniques to overcome the attack to subhadra. But, yet again – It was Lord Krishna who interrupted before Arjuna explains the secrets for Exiting of Chakrvyuha. Hence, sadly – the little Abhimanyu who was in womb could learn only the half of the theory. That means, Abhimanyu can only get break into the Chakravyuha, but can’t come out of it.
Back to the popular question –
- Why Krishna left Abhimanyu in a grave situation first of all in Mahabharata war.?
- Why on earth – the almighty could not save or offer a helping hand to safeguard that poor kid .? where as he preferred to protect and extend all sorts of support to the Arjuna during the Mahabharata war.?
- Why the Lord preferred Arjuna over the blood related Abhimanyu on the fields of Kurukshetra .?
The Ultimate Dharma:
After a series of mind boggling and brain squeezing thought process, I got the answer fell in place.
- Arjuna is the protagonist who destined to lead and end the war. The principles of Dharma are carved through the sequences that he involves. That means, he had a purpose to serve and hence to live.
- But the beloved Abhimanyu .? – The equally courageous and skillful – had no purpose to serve or a Role to play and He becomes the victim.
Put together – The moral of the story is “You can be the son of Chandra (The Moon God) Or the nephew of Lord Krishna, But if you have no purpose to serve, You have no reason to live”.
Good Luck and Feel free to share your experiences or Confront my Ideas!